We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule course dates due to weather, lack of registration other unforeseen circumstances.
Cancellations by customers may be subject to our refund policy (see below).
In the event of inclement weather, course registrants are reminded to call the Safety Services Nova Scotia +1 902 454-9621. The line will be updated at 7:30 AM the morning of the course.
Non-attendance or cancellations received five (5) business days or less will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Transfer and substitutions will be considered if five (5) business days notice is given.
No penalty if ten (10) days notice of cancellation is given.
Please note that we may cancel, postpone or reschedule a course at our discretion (see our cancellation policy). If available substitute dates are not suitable to you, you shall receive a full refund.
*This does not apply to the motorcycle courses. Please view motorcycle refund policy under the motorcycle training tab.
Safety Services Nova Scotia takes the privacy of our members, customers and web site users very seriously. Our privacy practices are guided by the model code defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) defined by the Canadian federal government. For details on these important privacy rules, go here.
SUSTAINABILITY POLICY & PRACTICES
Safety Services Nova Scotia is keenly aware of the need to be proper stewards of the environment. In support of this awareness, Safety Services Nova Scotia:
- Practices sustainable education and training. Our courses and student materials are largely electronic, saving paper resources and minimizing waste.
- Hires local instructors whenever possible so as to minimize the impact of travel-related pollution.
- Partners with local university co-op programs to support local education and students.
- In addition, when refreshments are provided, local produce and foods are preferentially sourced, supporting the local economy while cutting down on transportation-related pollution.
- We offer local safety campaigns including our School Bus Safety Campaign that involves schools in Nova Scotia. schoolbussafety.ca.
- Our staff volunteer at many local events such as: Steps for Life; Ride for Dad, etc.
- Practices sustainable reporting. Our reports and findings are largely electronic, saving paper resources and minimizing waste.
- Minimizes paper-based advertising by focusing on digital-first advertising campaigns.
Safety Services Nova Scotia has an on-line safety campus that includes e-learning curriculum which makes our occupational health and safety material available to many more Nova Scotians, making Nova Scotia a safer place to work and live while further minimizing the environmental impact of our services.
Safety Services Nova Scotia vehicles are not permitted to:
- Stand unattended without first stopping the engine
- Idle in a parked position for a period of more than 60 seconds
- Idle within 30 meters of an intake for a building ventilation system, an open window, or an entrance to a building